The Best Real Estate Investment Training: The HomeVestors® Franchise Opportunity
Imagine entering a room full of anticipation. About 25 other new franchisees chatter excitedly, getting to know their new colleagues. Everyone is smiling and looking forward to learning about real estate investing together this week and supporting each other in building an independently owned and operated professional home buying business. Finally, Co-presidents David Hicks and Ken Channel, who have 60 years of combined experience in real estate and franchising, head to the front of the room and everyone hushes.
Over the course of the week, new franchisees learn from a faculty of 18 knowledgable employees, including the Co-presidents and Regional Business Developers, who include some seasoned home buyers that coach new investors in professional home buying business practices. In addition, marketing executives explain how the marketing around the “We Buy Ugly Houses®” national brand generates leads. The training covers what HomeVestors® franchisees have learned in buying over 85,000 houses nationwide since 1996. It’s not theoretical stuff that has no practical value, but good professional home buying knowledge brought to new franchisees by some of the best in the business.
Unlike the so-called real estate investing “gurus” who feed you a tidbit of their “wisdom” and then leave you hanging to figure out the rest, HomeVestors’ curriculum is comprehensive. HomeVestors training starts where others leave off. Some of the topics that you will learn about include:
- Buying houses – Develop an understanding of the buying process, from handling phone calls to making offers.
- Valuing a property – Master accurate house repairs estimating with the proprietary ValueChek® software to confidently help you to make an offer that can deliver a solid return on investment.
- Strategizing for lead generation – Understand HomeVestors’ tried-and-true lead generation strategy with the “We Buy Ugly Houses®” campaign, recognized by home sellers nationwide.
- Knowing the law – Learn about basic contract principles and legal pitfalls to avoid when closing a deal.
- Engaging field support – Gain experience from the continuous mentorship of a seasoned franchisee called a Development Agent.
- Implementing accounting best practices – Since real estate investing is a numbers business, franchisees cultivate accounting knowledge to support professional practices.
- Applying for financing – Benefit from access to exclusive lines of financing available only to HomeVestors® franchisees.
- Protecting properties while under construction – Properly securing and insuring your investment house is core to maintaining your ROI; learn the best strategies for effectively realizing your objective.
- Planning the best exit strategy – From home staging to deciding whether to hire a real estate agent, you will have the opportunity to learn the basic exit strategies for getting your investment houses sold.
Exploring Avenues for Real Estate Training and Career Growth
Beyond the initial training, there are many avenues for a new franchisee to continue learning. You will be assigned a dedicated and experienced Development Agent who will be available to provide ongoing mentoring. What’s more, you’ll have access to other key resources, like tools for investors, ongoing training and even real estate leads.
The value of HomeVestors’ unique training is proven by the 85,000 houses that have been bought by franchisees nationwide since 1996—even though most new franchisees have no prior experience in real estate investing. Perhaps you are ready to gain more leads and do more deals too. Get in touch with us today to find out more about how we can support your professional home buying business growth.
Each franchise office is individually owned and operated.